+ Nissan Primera brand Cars
+ Current leaving and service
+ cooling and heating Systems
+ the Power supply system and production of the fulfilled gases
+ System of electric equipment of the engine
+ Manual transmission, differential and main transfer
+ Automatic transmission
+ Coupling and power shafts
- Brake system
Back disk brakes
Main brake cylinder
Pumping of brakes
Adjustment of brakes
Anti-blocking system (ABS)
+ Suspension bracket and steering
+ Onboard electric equipment
Back disk brakes
|| To weaken both bolts designated by shooters, to remove fastening of a cable of the hand brake.
Replacement of brake shoes
- Lift a back part of the car.
- Remove wheels.
- Remove on support inside two boats represented on an illustration to remove fastenings of a cable of the hand brake and a lock spring.
- Remove the bottom directing finger of a support from a support to release it on an assembly frame.
- Cast away all support up, as is shown in an illustration below, and tie up it a wire piece on a back suspension bracket that it could not fall.
|| Removal of brake shoes of a back disk brake. To tie up a support a wire, as shown.
- Remove internal and top intermediate plates and both brake shoes.
- After removal of blocks it is impossible to press a brake pedal as the piston will jump out.
- Replace brake shoes if the thickness of a material of a slip reached 2.0 mm. Never replace only one block and do not rearrange a block on the one hand on another. On
an illustration it is shown, where the thickness of blocks is measured. The repair kit of brake shoes includes certain details which all should be used at installation.
- Clear supports brake liquid or alcohol. Never apply for this purpose gasoline.
- Check, that laying of pistons well condensed.
- Check a brake disk on existence of deep grooves which are caused by wear of brake shoes. Measure thickness of a brake disk by means of a micrometer, as is shown in
an illustration. If thickness of a disk less set, it is necessary to replace a disk. It is possible to replace only one disk, however in most cases replacements demand both disks.
- Installation of brake shoes is carried out in return to sequence removal taking into account the next moments:
- Using sharp nippers, turn the piston clockwise in a support, as is shown in an illustration below. Thus do not allow liquid transfusion from a compensatory tank, i.e. it is necessary to watch liquid in a tank. If the piston is deeply in the cylinder, for installation of new blocks it is quite enough place.
|| Before installation of brake shoes to screw in the piston in an opening by means of nippers.
- Insert an internal block with an intermediate plate, delay a support outside and insert an external brake shoe with an intermediate plate.
- Untie a support and lower it down, without having damaged the inserted brake shoes.
- Insert a bolt (see
an illustration) and tighten with effort of 22-32 N • m.
- After installation several times press a pedal of a brake and check, whether air got to system. Otherwise, the system should be pumped over, as it is described in the Section Pumping of brakes.
Repair of a support of a brake
Repair of a back support of a disk brake is a little more difficult, than forward as the adjusting mechanism is on support inside. As the support should be disassembled also almost completely to reach cylinder laying, the description of repair is not provided. Completely to remove a support, perform the works described in the previous point, but this time turn out the top and bottom bolts which hold a support on an assembly frame. Weaken a hollow bolt of the brake pipeline and remove both copper washers. Washers should be replaced always.
The assembly frame can be removed. In it there are directing fingers and rubber cuffs which it is possible to replace. Tighten bolts of an assembly frame with effort of 35-45 N • m.